Monday, August 16, 2010

ISTE / NETS-T Goal for Fall 2010

"Design and Develop Digital-Age learning Experiences and Assessments"
This is my broad goal. I figure that no matter what my teaching assignment ends up being, I'll be able to do this. Last year in my grade 1 class, I started this with using Kidpix as a form of assessment in regards to a unit we had done on bears. Each student designed a kidpix page illustrating one of the facts we had discovered. They also added a recording of their voice saying what the fact was. I was also able to add their own picture onto their slide, so that when people viewing it at our assembly were able to see who had done the picture and whose voice they were hearing.
This year is a big question mark right now, but with any level I end up teaching, I can build on what I learned last year. I'd like to specifically work on the first point "design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity." I'd like to have my students design a digital product to demonstrate to their peers a segment of their learning. I'd also like them to be able to take this and show their parents what they have learned that relates to the curriculum, but is using a digital media to do this.

Depending on the class I get, I may even attempt to have them design a portfolio of sorts to track their learning through the year. I do know that in the midst of everything that happens in a school year, this is a lofty goal at this point, but I'd like to try. Even if it's only something they've entered two or three times in a year, perhaps to go along with my report card writing. Just a thought...

So the next day, we're supposed to also connect to a capacity in the program we're doing. I think this particular goal has to do with the third capacity: "use, evaluate and integrate existing and emerging technologies into your practice."

No comments:

Post a Comment