Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Information Overload Once Again

So today we've looked at 8 different educational learning networks that we might be interested in following. Some were definitely more friendly than others and some were more applicable to my own situation. I enjoyed the exploration of these and of the 8 I have decided to become active (well, at least observe and join) in a few.

The first one I joined is the Educator's PLN. I enjoy this site because it's a place where there are a lot of educators, including those that I would consider to be gurus that I trust. :) It's got the option of live chat, and the founder, Tom Whitby, has been available on there whenever I've looked. There are groups of interest to different folks, and if I don't see what I'm looking for, I am welcome to make my own. In the few minutes I was on there today, I was able to make a connection for a fellow classmate of mine on the blog tab....both male kindergarten teachers.

The second one I'd like to join is the teachersconnecting.com which is a place where teachers can collaborate online for ideas and for joint projects with classes. As I don't quite know what I'll be teaching yet next year, I'll wait to sign up for this once I have my assignment and then can find people with similar interests and grade levels.

The third one, and the one I think I may be most interested in, is
http://www.jenuinetech.com/ . It appeals to me directly for a few reasons. One is that the homepage is very inviting and directly aimed at primary teachers. The projects she has going appeal very much to me, and I'm sure to most primary students. The projects are easily doable and relate directly to IRP's (unfortunately to the California ones, but maybe they can relate to BC?).

And that's just the start of it. We also worked on our igoogle page, which to me is much handier than netvibes. We personalized our page and linked many of our previous explorations (ie delicious, twitter, etc) to it, so that all these feeds are easily accessible.

And now we're being called somewhere else, so I've got to sign off... Hope I can handle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment