Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Field Study Winding Down...

What?? I'm supposed to start writing my field study summary?? But I haven't finished! But, in retrospect,...I think that shows growth as a teacher. Developing creativity in students should be a goal I aim for whatever class, whatever students, whatever school I end up in, not just as a project for my univeristy course to get a credit to get my pay raise. So growth...yes! Completion.... no, but that's okay.

My principal had a "fireside" chat with me the other day for a few minutes, as he did with all teachers on staff. He asked me to describe my class and my teaching style and planning that I have done to accomodate the class I now have. Good questions that made me think and see how I'm doing what I'm doing is for the good, or not good, of the class. But then he asked me how he could support me and I immediately started in on the lack of technology in my school. He gently encouraged me to keep trying, as the IT guys had been by again and had "fixed" the system again...So I will. Keep tuned for how it turns out. I'm not optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment