Thursday, September 16, 2010

Forgot about ART??

Well, today I was quite proud of myself as I had a draft of my weekly teaching schedule ready to hand in to the principal. I brought it to the staff room to share with the LA teacher and the other grade one teacher took a peek. "You're not going to do any art??" she asked incredulously. Oh my! In my inquiry towards encouraging creativity, I totally forgot about an art block with my kids. Oh, that sinking feeling again. I hate art! I hate creativity! I never know what to do in that block. That's the hardest block in the week to plan for...

So...what does that say about me? Well, it was a complete oversight. I had so many other things I wanted to do with my time with the kids...but art is such a logical time to encourage creativity. I can't believe I did that. Well, it's now duly part of my Friday afternoons.... Anyone have some good ideas for me to use tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment