Thursday, September 9, 2010

Creativity?? How about survival?

The last few days have been a blur as I teach a class that was together last year for 2 1/2 days while we wait for the new configuration to set in for this year...These kids were good. I had fun with them, although they needed more planned for them then I was willing to give them. But we did some creative stuff. But today the new kids moved in...took about an hour to move them all in, so in the meantime the first kids are getting bored, I'm losing my prep, I have recess duty and suddenly, they're all there. All 20 beautiful children...I think they're smart. A number of them are reading a lot, but boy, they're ALL busy! I can't turn my attention away from a few of the idividuals for more than 10 seconds, or they're in trouble....running in the classroom, poking someone, playing with something off the shelf, or just plain yelling! Yep, I said yelling! There are a few kids that just for the pure joy of being at school need to yell and scream. I don't know how many times I reminded them to use their inside voice.

So anyways...creativity?? Didn't even cross my mind today, I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment